Applying Behaviour Change: environment and conservation - Part 2
Time & Location
About the event
By using theories and models of behaviour change you can develop effective strategies and interventions to positively influence people's behaviour in outdoor spaces - enabling them to be part of the solution to nature conservation.
Delivered in the wonderful Moorland Discovery Centre in the National Trust's Longshaw Estate in the Peak District, this full day workshop is the perfect follow up course for those attending the 'An Introduction to Changing Behaviours' workshop, which will have given you the opportunity to explore the basic psychology behind visitor behaviour, theories and models of behaviour change, intention-behaviour gap, facilitators to positive behaviour & barriers to negative behaviour.
Applying Behaviour Change will take your learning to the next level by helping you to apply it specifically to your setting. The workshop will cover:
1. Quick recap of the areas covered in 'An Introduction to Changing Behaviours: environment & conservation'
2. Using your new knowledge to identify specific problem behaviours on your site
3. Creating a 'system boundary' for your site, campaign or project
4. Exploring the Nudge and the Fun Theory and the Science of Persuasion
5. Designing specific interventions which introduce facilitators to positive behaviour and barriers to undesirable behaviour
6. Identifying a Behaviour Change ‘team’ for your site, campaign or project
7. Creating an action plan of specific next steps to apply your learning
The interactive session will include a presentation, discussions and break out activities to work up scenarios specific for your site.
We will be providing refreshments, but please bring a packed lunch.
In the event of COVID-19 restrictions impacting this event, we will either reschedule, or move on-line to Zoom!
This workshop is best attended after attending the 'An Introduction to Changing Behaviours' workshop on Thursday 24th February and is suitable for anyone working within outdoor spaces managed for nature conservation that have public access.
You can book both workshops together for a discounted price.
Part 1 - An Introduction to Changing Behaviours - 24th February 2022 - £95 per person
Part 2 - Applying Behaviour Change - 25th February 2022 - £95 per person
Part 1 & 2 - Book both now for £180
See our events programme for more details or email us to show your interest in future opportunities.
- Part 2 only£95£950£0
- Part 1 & Part 2£180£1800£0