Learning for life - delivering outdoor learning & play
Time & Location
About the event
This is full day interactive workshop, delivered in the wonderful Moorland Discovery Centre in the National Trust's Longshaw Estate in the Peak District.
Science doesn’t lie and it's telling us the natural world is good for our health! We learn better outside, holding information and applying it to life. We can be our best selves outside where nature enables everyone to shine. We are healthier outside in the fresh air, taking part in physical activity. We are happier outside, with higher levels of positive hormones circulating our bodies. And we are more likely to care for nature if we have noticed it, are in awe of it and have a relationship with it.
We will cover:
- The benefits of learning and playing outside
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Activities and games based on the Five Pathways to Nature Connections, Noticing Nature, Wellbeing, Behaviour Change and Forest Schools
- Activities and games for every environment – large or small
- Techniques for delivering fun, effective learning and play outside
- Designing outdoor spaces for learning and play
We will be providing refreshments, but please bring a packed lunch.
In the event of COVID-19 restrictions impacting this event, we will either reschedule, or move on-line to Zoom!
This interactive workshop is perfect for people working or volunteering in the conservation sector, youth work industry or learning environment, including schools and nurseries, who wish to bring learning, play and child/youth development outside.
See our events programme for more details or email us to show your interest in future opportunities.
- Single ticket£65£650£0