Applying Behaviour Change: environment & conservation
Time & Location
About the Event
By using theories and models of behaviour change you can develop effective strategies and interventions to positively influence people's behaviour in outdoor spaces.
This online event is the perfect follow up course for those attending the Introduction to Changing Behaviours: environment & conservation event, which will have given you the opportunity to explore the basic psychology behind visitor behaviour, theories and models of behaviour change, intention-behaviour gap, facilitators to positive behaviour & barriers to negative behaviour.
This next stage event, Applying Behaviour Change: environment & conservation, will cover:
1. Quick recap of the areas covered in An Introduction to Change Behaviours: environment & conservation
2. Use your new knowledge to identify specific problem behaviours on your site
3. Explore the values, beliefs and knowledge that drives that behaviour
4. Warm brain, cold brain
4. Design specific interventions which introduce facilitators to positive behaviour and barriers to undesirable behaviour
5. Identify a Behaviour Change ‘team’ for your site
6. Create an action plan of specific next steps to apply your learning
The two and a half hour session will include a presentation, discussions, break out rooms to work up scenarios specific to your site and opportunities for questions.
You will leave with an action plan to implement behaviour change at your site.
You are advised to participate in an Introduction to Changing Behaviours event prior to attending this session.
You may also be interested in...
* An Introduction to Changing Behaviours: environment & conservation
* Difficult Conversations: taking visitors with you
* People - the other half of conservation: Applying a social-ecological systems approach - Part One & Part Two
See our events programme for more details or email us to show your interest in future opportunities.
- Single participant£30£300£0